The heart and soul of Calgary Life Church
is to introduce and connect people of every
walk of life with the living God.
The purpose of Calgary Life Church is to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ in such a way that it turns people into believers, and believers into disciples, and disciples into fruitful, mature servant-leaders, who will in turn reach others for Christ.
In Matthew 16:18 Jesus announced, "... on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." Jesus loves His Church and is actively, organically, and intimately involved in seeing it reach its maximum potential on the earth.
Before He left for heaven He gave what's known as the "Great Commission. "Matthew 28:19,20 '"Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
1. NO EXCEPTIONS
All people, Christian and non-Christian, are valuable to God and His Kingdom.
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. " 2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)
2. NON EXCLUSIVE
People are eternal. Therefore their present behavior is not as important as their eternal destiny. Evangelism is a process. Our aim is to provide people with a safe environment of love, acceptance, and forgiveness so they may progress on their spiritual journey.
"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. " 1 Corinthians 3:6 (KJV)
Effective ministry is designed by God to function best through teams.
"Under his direction, the whole body is fitted together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." Ephesians 4:16 (NLT)
The simple presentation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in creative ways will impact and transform lives.
"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes--Jews first and also Gentiles." Romans 1:16 (NLT)
We excel when we commit to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth with genuine accountability.
"Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.
Meditate upon these things; give yourself entirely to them; that your progress may be evident to all." 1 Tim 4:14, 15 (NKJV)
We believe every member is a minister who has been given gifts to be discovered, developed and deployed.
" Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them." Romans 12:6 (KJV)
We believe God is worthy of our very best. Therefore excellence should permeate every activity.
By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.
Genuine caring and loving relationships are key to the life of every endeavour.
" ... but exhort one another daily, while it is called 'Today,' lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." Hebrews 3:13 (NKJV)
The most effective evangelism happens through people inviting people.
"He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, 'We have found the Messiah'." John 1:41 (NKJV)
In all things the exaltation of Jesus Christ is our purest desire and aspiration!
"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11 (KJV)
- That there is one true God, manifested in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; Luke 3:22).
- That the Bible, both the Old and New Testament, is the inspired Word of God, and the final authority for Christian faith and practice (2 Tim. 3:16, 1 Thess. 2:13).
- In the virgin birth, sinless life and the deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, being both fully God and fully man (Luke 1:26, 2 Cor. 5:21, John 1:1).
- That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is lost unless he receives God’s free gift of salvation through the blood that was shed by Jesus Christ. This gift is for all people (Gen. 1:26-31, 3:1-7, Rom. 3:23, 6:23).
- That the believer is made holy, sanctified in Jesus and set apart for the Master’s use through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once and for all (Heb. 10:10-14, 1 Cor. 1:30, 2 Tim. 2;21, 1 Cor. 6:11, Rom. 5:16).
- That if any man or woman is in Christ, he is a new creation in the inward man and a member of the true universal church. The new birth unites us together in the Body of Christ. He is the head of the Church, His body (2 Cor. 5:17; Col. 1:18; 2:19, 3:15, Eph. 4:12).
- That it is the Christian’s responsibility to identify with a local church and to support it with their time, gifts, tithes and offerings to spread the cause of Christ (Acts 16:5, Heb. 10:25, Mal. 3:10, 1 Cor. 9:7).
- That the ministry, baptism and gifts of the Holy Spirit are for every believer, and will continue until the Lord’s return (Joel 2:28, Acts 2:4, 8:14-19).
- That healing is provided in the redemptive work of Christ and is available to every believer (Isa. 53:4-5, Ja. 5:14-15, Matt. 8:17, 1 Peter 2:24).
- That believers should receive water baptism, celebrate the Lord’s supper (Mark 16:16, 1 Cor. 11:23-29).
- That marriage is a holy institution and was defined by God in the beginning. The couple being married must consist of one man and one woman, not related by lines of consanguinity (Gen. 2:18-24, Matt 19:4-6).
- That the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent (Acts 1:11, 1 Thess. 4:13-18).
- That all mankind is subject to the death of the body as a result of original sin. The soul and spirit do not die, but immediately after death enter into a conscious state of either happiness or misery, according to his acceptance or rejection of the Savior (Ecc. 12:7, Luke 8:55, Rom. 5:12, 2 Cor. 5:8, Phil. 1:23).
- There is a bodily resurrection of believers unto everlasting life in heaven and of unbelievers into everlasting judgment in hell (Matt. 24:31-46, Acts 24:15, Rev. 22:11).
At Calgary Life Church we love to see people thrive in their God given gifts & abilities. We have strategically positioned people to see the best that they have to offer and to ultimately build the Kingdom of God with excellence and passion.
Pastor Anthony & Madeleine Greco
The founders and Senior Pastors of Calgary Life Church
Creative Media Director